Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baxter

Today has been one year since Baxter left us and moved on to the Rainbow Bridge. I don't think a day goes by that Rick & I don't think about him, a week that goes by that we don't speak about him. We still love him dearly, and he will always he our first puppy. We toasted to him this weekend, and in his honor Rick will spend a special day with Jaxson today. Unfortunately I have work and school, so hopefully I will be able to get through this emotional day.

Just the other day a friend's father-in-law's dog passed away and she called to let me know. I have never met this dog, or her father-in-law, however the stories of Chester always were adorable, and I could tell he was such a part of the family. I had tears well up in my eyes at work, and my co-worker Stephanie thought I was crazy! She couldnt understand how I could feel so deeply for an animal, especially an animal I never even met. I remember our own loss so well, and I know how hard it is to go through so I just felt so badly for her and her family, as well as losing such a special dog (even if I had never met him).

Baxter was so sweet, he let us dress him up every year for Halloween, he would lay in bed all day with you, he always knew when you needed a friend, and he loved car rides. He was horrible left alone in the house, he never got alone great with the cats, and he had other flaws too I'm sure. However he was our first dog, our friend, and we miss him. 

In honor of Baxter, everyone please spend extra time hugging and loving your pets today and this week!

November 1st, 2002 - November 10th, 2008
Came home April 8th, 2003
Photobucket

0 comments: